Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Can't Get Enough Kreeft

If you're like me, you know that Dr. Peter Kreeft is one of the greatest living philosophers on the planet. And "...I know from experience, dude," because I have him twice a day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. His lectures, particularly for his C.S. Lewis class, are life-altering. Yes, yes, I know, you're seething with envious rage.

Anywho, now you can enjoy the dry humor and expansive genius that is Peter Kreeft from the comfort of your own cell (er.. dorm room!), without having to pay any tuition to Boston College and without the pressure of his infamous multiple choice tests (seriously, his tests are hard as heck, and I friggin hated the SATs).

So, run, don't walk, to www.peterkreeft.com and check out his audio section. If you missed the very successful Boston College Pro-Life conference, you can even hear everything Kreeft said by listening to his lecture on the philosophical case against abortion. Of course, I recommend everything on his website, but his lectures on How to Win the Culture War, Sex in Heaven, Aquinas and the Angels, and Divine Truth - The Heart's Deepest Longing are particularly stirring. He also has a whole slew of C.S. Lewis commenteries, and a fantastic lecture on ten insights into evil from Lord of the Rings.

Go! Be sanctified! Seriously, listening to his lectures is more helpful, enlightening, and spiritually refreshing than any "hip, college-ized" student-campus-rock-concert-Mass hogwash.

p.s. A little fairie prods me to note, for the record, it's pronounced "Krayft" not "Kreeeeeft" or "Krehft."

4 Comments:

Blogger The Conservative Realist said...

I'm baaa-aaack! :-)

4:10 PM  
Blogger mike may said...

You have a great blog!

I see from your ‘profile’ that you like the book Surprised by Joy. I too am a Lewis fan. I’d say my favorite of his books is Mere Christianity.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Glad to see you're back in the blogosphere, Marian. And thanks, Mike, I really like "Mere Christianity" as well... I think my favorite Lewis book is either "Till We Have Faces" or "Perelandra" (the entire Space Trilogy is great, though). Are you going to the March for Life? :-)

5:03 PM  
Blogger 迴轉壽司Mika said...

徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home